Sunday, November 3, 2013

Unit Plan Canvas


At first, when I looked at this assignment I was a little nervous because I had never used PLAYground before and I was unsure what to expect. Once I started this assignment I quickly saw that this site was easy to use, since everything that was needed was right there. Creating this canvas was very fun for me. I liked how it is set up and I think that students would really benefit from it. They can use it to see an overview of the unit, and use it as a reference if they need some extra help. On my canvas I tried to include examples of each topic weather it was through video, pictures, or links to websites. This canvas is also a great way to share ideas with other teachers, they will be able to go to your canvas and see what you are doing for certain topics and you can easily go to other canvas yourself to get more ideas for teaching. 
I choose this topic of congruence because it is often a difficult topic for many students. For IA #3 I choose a high school geometry problem that is similar to my canvas. I wanted to do more on congruence and proofs because many students find this difficult and I wanted to create a canvas for my students to reference to get the extra help they may need. I posted many examples and a video for my students to view if they are having difficultly on this topic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment