Sunday, November 17, 2013

Collaboration Canvas

Remixing another classmates canvas was very fun and creative. I had a hard time finding a canvas to remix that would go well with my original unit. I used an art canvas to remix and I was creative with what I choose to do. I am having my students create a piece of art only containing congruent triangles. The art also must be of trees in nature and it has to show the effect trees play in art. 
I added videos and pictures to show students how to contract congruent triangles by hand using a compass. I also added pictured and videos to show students how to contrast a basic tree out of triangles. Those videos were just a simple tree, their art works will be more complex.  
I had some difficultly finding art pieces that also contained math, but I did my best to make it work. I had a fun time with this project and I think that it is a great way to show us how to use different subjects in one class. Mixing more than one subject into the same class will be beneficial to the students because they will be able to see how math can be used in other areas of their study as well

Canvas:
http://www.play.annenberginnovationlab.org/play2.0/challenge.php?idChallenge=2755&mode=view#network6

No comments:

Post a Comment